After the prompting and recommendation of the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) on Covid-19, the National Capital Region (NCR) will be placed under an Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) starting August 6, 2021.
The streets will once again be almost devoid of life under the ECQ | Photo by Furknsaglam from Pexels
Thepalace announces August 6, 2021, as the start of the ECQ in Metro Manila and will last until August 20, 2021. In the two weeks of ECQ, safety guidelines will be heightened as compared to the current General Community Quarantine (GCQ) on Covid-19.
The shift from the current GCQ to ECQ update was implemented due to the rising concern regarding theDelta variant.
In an effort to curb the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, President Rodrigo Duterte has opted to announce the implementation of the 3rd round of ECQ.
President Rodrigo Duterte announces the start of ECQ to start on August 6, 2021 | Photo from the Presidential Communications Operations Office
Why the ECQ Updates?
News on the current ‘surge’ in the Covid-19 cases in the Philippines has not yet been confirmed by the Department of Health (DOH) citing that ‘surge’ is not a recognized term in epidemiology.
In layman’s terms, it is used in relation to the capacity of the health system. It is the rapid rise in the number of cases where community quarantine is needed more than ever. DOH further shares that we are currently averaging on 5,000 – 6,000 cases in the past two weeks, but has seen a rise to 8,000 cases in the past four days.
Hospitals are preparing for the steady increase in covid cases due to the delta variant | Photo from Patrickroque01
DOH cannot confirm that there is a sudden rise in cases considering the information available.
What they can confirm is that there is a steady increase of cases as compared to the past two weeks. In the hopes of stalling the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, with a known increase in transmissibility by 60% – 100%, the palace opted for the ECQ.
ECQ Updates: Guidelines
ECQ guidelines have remained unchanged from the initial guidelines announced by the IATF RESOLUTION NO. 130-A. Who is allowed to stay or go out? What is the current curfew status? Where are people allowed to go? How do people get their essential goods? What places are under community quarantine?
These are the questions that will be answered by the ECQ updates.
Healthcare providers are considered to be essential workers and will be allowed to go out under the ECQ | Photo by Anna Shvets from Pexels
Who is allowed to stay or go out?
Based on the information from the IATF Resolution no. 130-A, these are the individuals permitted to stay or go out of their homes.
1. Essential Workers
2. People obtaining essential supplies
Who should stay home under ECQ updates?
1. All households must follow strict home quarantine and should not leave unless necessary.
2. Members of a household may only leave their homes to procure essential goods such as food and medicine among other things.
3. People below the age of 18 and people above the age of 65 are not permitted to leave their homes.
4. Pregnant women, people with comorbidities, and immune-compromised individuals are not allowed to leave their homes as well.
Public transportation will still be available within the ECQ Updates | Photo by Ketut Subiyanto from Pexels
If you are not sure whether you are a part of the list or not, it would be best to stay home to be sure.
Will public transportation be allowed under ECQ updates?
Public transportation will remain available within the ECQ. The capacity in which public transportation will operate will depend on the Department of Transportation. The following will be available for use:
2. Bus, Jeeps, etc.
What is the curfew status in effect?
Under ECQ updates is the status ofcurfew within Metro Manila. The curfew will be from 8:00 PM to 4:00 AM. The curfew was implemented as a precautionary measure and response to the steadily increasing Covid-19 cases because of the delta variant.
What establishments will be permitted to operate at full capacity?
With the ECQ updates in place, only essential establishments are allowed to operate. These establishments include:
1. Healthcare establishments including public and private hospitals, emergency and frontline services – dialysis centers, chemotherapy centers, HMOs, and health insurance providers. Included among healthcare providers are pharmacies, and medicine manufacturers, and distributors.
2. Personal hygiene product manufacturers are also allowed to operate within the ECQ. Industrial and personal cleaning products will also be included in this category.
3. Food manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors are allowed to operate at full capacity. Included in this category are food preparation establishments such as kiosks, commissaries, restaurants, but these will be limited to take-out and delivery only. Agricultural industries will also be allowed to operate.
4. Retail and service establishments like public markets, supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, hardware, office supplies, laundry shops, and water-refilling stations will be permitted to operate under ECQ updates.
5. Logistics services will also be allowed.
6. Priority construction projects in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Department of Public Works and Highways will be allowed to operate. Under this category, those that manufacture construction supplies will also be allowed to operate.
7. Financial service providers are involved in the distribution of government grants and amelioration subsidies.
8. Export-oriented businesses will also be allowed to operate.
These establishments, although important, will have to operate with only a skeletal crew. | Photo by Cottonbro from Pexels
What establishments will have to operate with a Skeletal crew in the ECQ updates?
These establishments, although important will have to operate with only a skeletal crew.
1. Healthcare establishments like rehab centers, dental clinics (emergency cases only and must wear PPE at all times), and the like will be allowed to operate with a skeletal crew. For people with disabilities, they will be allowed to have home service therapy but must follow strict health protocols to be able to do so.
2. Banks and microfinance solutions that are not involved in the distribution of government grants and amelioration subsidies are only allowed a skeletal crew.
3. Utility waste disposal and janitorial services will also only be skeletal.
4. Capital Markets such as Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, Securities and Exchange Commission, and Philippine Stock Exchange are required to work with a skeletal crew.
5. Telecommunications, internet providers, and cable TV operators will have to work with a skeletal crew.
6. Airlines and its mechanical services. Those that maintain the aircraft and its crew will be allowed to work, but only a limited number will be allowed at any certain time.
7. Security companies both private and public will have to work with a skeletal team as well.
8. Machine and Vehicle repair shall be permitted for household, commercial, and industrial repairs.
9. Lawyers are also allowed to keep their practice and office but shall be limited.
10. Teachers and administrators that keep the school going will be allowed limited on-site work but may continue with their alternative working practices.
11. Funeral Homes and embalming companies are also asked to work with the limited skeletal crew as only those that have expired due to other causes that are not Covid-19 will be permitted to have wakes and burial services.
12. Online shops and their companies will be part of skeletal services.
13. Government offices are fully operational, but with a skeleton workforce on-site. The rest of the workforce will have to work under alternative work arrangements for the safety of both the masses and the government offices.
Vaccinations continue within ECQ according to presidential spokesperson Harry Roque | Photo by FRANK MERIÑO from Pexels
Will Covid vaccinations continue under ECQ updates?
Mass immunization against Covid-19 is still in full swing within the ECQ, according to presidential spokesperson Harry Roque. With the rising numbers of Covid patients due to the delta variant, it is more imperative than ever to push for mass immunization.
Roque states “Vaccinating individuals in this trying time is an essential health activity. Our mass vaccination program will therefore continue and intensify for the first and second dose, notwithstanding next week’s ECQ classification of Metro Manila and other areas,” he continues by reminding the public to practice the strict observance of health protocols.
What do the ECQ updates mean for us?
The luxury communities under Brittany Corporation will work twice as hard to ensure the safety of our clients. Following the strict guidelines of the IATF will be upheld with Brittany. They will be prioritizing the health and safety of every individual that resides within their luxury communities.
Because Brittany luxury properties are always within a master-planned community, essentials will always be readily available within the community.
Our luxury properties are near essential places such as hospitals and groceries so that any of our homeowners will be able to practice their own luxury even within the ECQ updates.
Gatherings may still not be permitted by the government, but nothing is stopping us from celebrating our life events luxuriously at home. We have other tips and tricks to make the ECQ the most comfortable you can in the comfort of your very own home with our lifestyleblogs.
Posted by Brittany Corporation’s official Facebook Page on Friday, August 6, 2021
Brittany will continue to serve you however way we can. You may contact us anytime and we will be more than happy to assist you. We’ve set up virtual tours for our projects as well for your convenience.