Luxury homes must be fully equipped to truly feel luxurious, and who doesn’t want an in-house fryer that can make their favorite deep-fried dish at hand? But this presents a few problems because as delicious as those golden, crispy-on-the-outside, soft-on-the-inside dishes are, they’re not exactly the healthiest food around. Enter air fryers and delicious air fryer recipes!
In this article, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about air fryers – what they are, what their various advantages are, what yummy yet healthy recipes you can make with them right this instant.
What is an Air Fryer?
Everybody loves fried food, be it at home, in a restaurant, or in parties.
Fried food is very easy to like. There’s something about that unique fried crispiness that just sticks to us, from the first time we had our first fried chicken to every instance we eat something fried as adults.
But as much as we love it, it’s also not that good for us. Research has repeatedly linked fried food consumption to several health issues, such as heart disease and high blood pressure.
Enter the air fryer, which claims to do everything that a deep fryer can, minus all the adverse effects.
Air fryers mimick the effect of an amped-up convection oven. Instead of frying the food in a deep vat of hot oil, an air fryer just superheats the air around the food to cook it. This means that you’ll end up using way less oil, if any at all. Cooking with an air fryer is also easier, quicker, and safer to your health.
Above everything else, this cooking appliance is also one of the most versatile around, perhaps more than a deep fryer. You can air-fry dozens of recipes, from meat, to vegetables, and even to dessert.
8 Air Fryer Recipes To Try Right Now
Now that we know what an air fryer is and its general advantages, we can finally learn the delicious recipes you can cook up with this amazing appliance.
1. Air Fryer Pizza Dogs
Young or old, everybody loves pizza dogs. Level up this easy and delicious snack to make it healthier on the body – and with fewer calories to boot.
2 hotdog buns
8 slices of halved pepperoni
½ cup pizza sauce
¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tbsp. sliced olives
1. Preheat your air fryer at 200°C for 5 minutes.
2. Take your hotdogs and cut 4 slits on one side.
3. Cook your hotdogs in your preheated fryer for 3 minutes.
4. Use tongs to transfer the hotdogs into a cutting board.
5. Place a pepperoni piece in each hotdog slit
6. Spread pizza sauce between the 2 pairs of buns.
7. Fill buns with olives, mozzarella cheese, and hot dogs.
8. Cook hotdog buns in the air fryer for 2 minutes.
2. Zucchini Garlic Bites
Do you want to treat your family (or yourself) to a tasty, delicious, but still healthy meal? These yummy garlic bites check all your boxes.
1. 1 bag crushed chips
2. Marinara sauce
3. 1 cup grated zucchini, drained
4. 2 tsp. garlic
5. 1 tbsp. parsley
6. 1 tsp. basil
7. 1 tsp. oregano
8. 1 whisked egg
9. ¼ cup parmesan cheese
1. Grate the zucchini and wring out juices.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl (other than the marinara sauce), and mix evenly.
3. Take a tablespoon of the mix and shape it into tiny balls.
4. Preheat the fryer up to 200°C for 5 minutes.
5. Lightly coat the fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Place the zucchini balls into the fryer basket.
7. Air-fry for about 18 minutes or until the balls acquire a golden color.
8. Serve with marinara sauce on the side.
3. Jalapeño Poppers
Give your taste buds a thrill with this Jalapeño-based air fryer recipe.
Make your Jalapeño Poppers truly pop with this fuss-free air frying method.
8 large jalapeño chiles
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ finely crushed cups Japanese-style breadcrumbs
2 large eggs, beaten
170 g (1 1/2 cups) shredded cheddar cheese
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 ½ teaspoons salt
½ cup sour cream
½ teaspoon lime zest
2 tsp. fresh lime juice
Cooking spray or olive oil
1. Boil 3 cups of water over the stove.
2. Add jalapeños.
3. Stir occasionally for 3 minutes to soften the jalapeños.
4. Transfer the jalapeños to a container filled with iced water
5. Let soak for about 30 seconds.
6. Transfer the jalapeños to a plate with clean paper towels.
7. Cut the side of the jalapeños carefully.
8. Remove the seeds and veins inside.
9. Once cleaned, rinse and then thoroughly dry the jalapeños.
10. Mix cream cheese, cheddar, and salt in a bowl.
12. Fill each jalapeño with cheese filling and close the slit as much as possible.
13. Place flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in three separate shallow dishes.
14. Dip stuffed jalapeños to egg and then coat with flour lightly.
15. Dip again in egg and then coat with fine bread crumbs.
16. Preheat the air fryer at 190°C for about 5 minutes.
17. Coat the cooking basket and jalapeños lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
18. Cook 4 jalapeños per batch in the air fryer for about 6 minutes on each side (12 minutes in total).
19. Repeat for all the remaining stuffed jalapeños.
20. Mix lime zest, lime juice, and sour cream in a bowl.
21. Serve the jalapeño poppers with lime dip!
4. Cauliflower BBQ Wings
This healthy take on a well-loved bar food is surely going to star on the next barbecue in your house and lot. Fry and serve with a splash of wine for best results.
2 tbsp. barbecue sauce
1 bag chips of choice
¼ chopped cauliflower head
¼ cup egg white
Cooking spray or olive oil
1. Preheat your air fryer to 180°C for 5 minutes.
2. Take your chips and grind them to bits in a bowl.
3. Dip chopped cauliflower pieces into egg whites.
4. Coat your cauliflower with chip crumbs.
5. Take your air fryer basket and coat it lightly with a non-stick cooking spray.
6. Cook coated cauliflower in the fryer for about 15 minutes.
7. Ensure an even crisp by tossing every 5 minutes.
8. Take your cauliflower out of the fryer.
9. Toss with barbecue sauce or serve with sauce on the side.
5. Breaded Chicken Sandwich
A yummy chicken sandwich is hard to pass up.
Who makes chicken sandwiches better? Is it that international franchise? Your favorite cafe? Your beloved grandma?
With an air fryer at your disposal, the answer is you. Here’s how to make the best breaded chicken sandwich with an air fryer.
1 pancake mix
1 bag crushed salt and vinegar chips
100g chicken breast
4 tbsp. pickle juice
2 tbsp. parmesan
Sliced cucumber pickles
1. Flatten the chicken pieces to a thickness of ½-inch.
2. Cut them in half then marinate overnight with pickle juice.
3. Preheat your air fryer at 200°C for 5 minutes.
4. Mix salt and vinegar chips, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Remove the chicken pieces from marinade.
6. Coat with bread mix evenly.
7. Lay parchment paper on the air fryer cooking basket
8. Coat the basket lightly with cooking spray
9. Place the chicken pieces in the preheated fryer and spray with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray.
10. Cook for about 7 minutes.
11. Flip the chicken pieces and cook for about 7 minutes more.
12. Maintain a temperature of 165°C throughout.
1. Add 50g of water to the pancake mix
2. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Mix until an even dough is formed.
4. Lightly coat a microwaveable bowl with cooking spray.
5. Pour in your bun mix.
6. Microwave for about 1 minute.
7. Remove the bun and allow to cool.
8. Cut the bun to desired dimensions.
9. Assemble your chicken sandwich.
6. Air-Fried Coconut Shrimp
Are you missing the summer vibes but can’t go out of your luxury homes because of the quarantine? This Air-Fried Coconut Shrimp recipe will take you to that wonderful sunny beach the moment you get a bite out of it.
60 g (½ cup) all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. salt
2 large eggs
⅔ cup flaked unsweetened coconut
⅓ cup Japanese-style breadcrumbs, very fine
340 g (about 24 pcs) raw shrimp, medium peeled, deveined, and with tail
1 serrano chile, thinly sliced
¼ cup honey
¼ cup lime juice
2 tsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Mix pepper and flour in a dish.
2. Put beaten eggs in another dish.
3. Mix coconut and breadcrumbs in a third dish.
4. Hold each shrimp on the tail and dip it into the flour mixture.
5. Next, dip the shrimp into the eggs.
6. Next, dip the shrimp into the breadcrumb and coconut mixture, press the coat firmly to adhere.
7. Repeat for all shrimp pieces.
8. Coat shrimp in cooking spray.
9. Place about half of the shrimp in the fryer basket.
10. Cook at 200°C for 8 minutes, or until it acquires a golden color.
11. Turn the shrimp halfway through (4 minutes in).
12. Season with salt.
13. Repeat for the next batch of shrimp.
14. As the shrimp is cooking, mix lime juice, honey, and serrano chile in a bowl.
15. Serve shrimp with sauce on the side, sprinkled with cilantro.
7. Air Fried Mozzarella Sticks
Are you showing your guest around your luxury home’s awesome landscaping? Do you need some healthy finger food for an upcoming small private party in your luxury homes? Something easy to whip up but delicious and healthy to boot?
These crispy, creamy, light mozzarella sticks will surely keep your guests entertained! All without having to deal with the mess that typical deep frying will leave.
1 cup (about 120 g) all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 large eggs
1 tbsp. whole milk
1 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
8 (28 g) mozzarella string cheese sticks
½ cup marinara sauce
1. Mix flour and baking soda in a dish.
2. Mix lightly beaten egg and milk in another dish.
3. Pour breadcrumbs into a third dish.
4. Coat cheese sticks in the flour mix.
5. Dip and thoroughly coat with egg mixture.
6. Finally, coat the sticks in breadcrumbs.
7. Repeat for all of the cheese sticks.
8. Freeze cheese sticks for about 30 minutes.
9. Take the air fryer basket and lightly coat it with non-stick cooking spray.
10. Air fry 4 sticks per batch at 200°C for 6 minutes.
11. Repeat until all cheese sticks are cooked.
12. Serve while still hot with marinara sauce on the side.
8. Air Fryer French Fries
Who can resist the yummy temptation of French fries?
With their golden crunchy exterior, soft insides, and addictive taste, french fries are an iconic snack for people young and old.
With your new air fryer, you can now feast on this simple delicacy completely guilt-free.
1 lb peeled russet potatoes
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 pinch cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1. Take your peeled potatoes and cut lengthwise into ⅜ in slices.
2. Slice sections into another ⅜ inch width.
3. Soak sliced potatoes in water for 5 minutes.
4. Drain potatoes.
5. Boil potatoes for 10 minutes.
6. Drain potato slices and transfer to dry, clean paper towels.
7. Dry excess water with paper towels.
8. Let the potatoes cool for about 10 minutes.
9. Transfer into a bowl and mix evenly with oil and cayenne.
10. Preheat the air fryer at 190°C for 3 minutes.
11. Place up to 2 layers of potatoes in the air fryer basket.
12. Air fry for up to 25 minutes.
13. On the 10th-minute mark, slide out the basket to toss the potatoes.
14. When cooked, toss with salt and pepper added to taste in a bowl.
15. Serve immediately.
Cooking Delicious Recipes With an Air Fryer
An air fryer is a wonderful piece of kitchen appliance that will revolutionize the way you prepare your everyday meals. Not only is it much easier and more convenient, it’s also healthier for the body because you use way less oil.
Here in Brittany, it’s important for us that you have a luxurious experience in any of our luxury properties for sale. Air fryer recipes are a great way to have some delicious fun without taking up a lot of your time in cleaning and preparing. And of course, in a top-of-the-line kitchen such as those found in Brittanny, this task is even easier!
Again, these are the best, most delicious, and easiest-to-make air fryer recipes that you can try out immediately with your new air fryer. Enjoy!